Special Needs Adult Activity Centers
Community Drumjam Foundation is partnering with organisations working adults with special needs as well as practitioners / facilitators like psychologists, psychotherapists, music therapists working with these groups in Bangalore with the intent of bring the joys of group drumming and interactive rhythm and music activities to individuals/groups with special needs and requirements.
The duration of these sessions depend on the specific needs of the group.
The number of participants can be either one-on-one sessions or 5 individuals and above.
The special needs could include individuals who are:
- In the Autism Spectrum
- Physically Challenged
- Visually Impaired
- Deaf & Mute
For the duration of these programs, the foundation provides:
- Drums and percussion instruments for the duration of the session.
- Trained facilitators when possible
The organisation provides
- Adequate open space
- Armless chairs for the participants
- Caregivers familiar to the participants (wherever needed)
- In-house facilitators / practitioners with experience in dealing with the specific challenges of the participants