Addiction Rehabilitation Centers
During the course of our journey over the years, we have come across many individuals who, at a young age, take a detour down the dark path to addiction and are groping for a ray of hope or a positive spark. Many-a-time, the positivity that interactive drumming and in-the-moment music making brings, without the pressure of performance and expectation may be just what the doctor ordered. There are many practitioners world over doing amazing work in many communities to give purpose to such individuals and bring them back into the mainstream. The Community Drumjam Foundation is keen to work with Rehabilitation Centers to bring the positive impact of interactive rhythm and music sessions to recovering addicts.
The duration of these sessions depend on the specific needs of the group.
The number of participants can be 10 individuals and above.
For the duration of these programs, the foundation provides:
- Drums and percussion instruments for the duration of the session.
- Trained facilitators when possible
The organisation provides
- Adequate open space
- Armless chairs for the participants
- Caregivers familiar to the participants (wherever needed)
- In-house facilitators / practitioners with experience in dealing with the specific behavioral challenges of the participants