Special Needs Schools & Activity Centers
Community Drumjam Foundation is partnering with organisations working children and youth with special needs as well as practitioners / facilitators like psychologists, psychotherapists, music therapists working with these groups in Bangalore with the intent of bring the joys of group drumming and interactive rhythm and music activities to children and young people with special needs and requirements.
The duration of these sessions depend on the specific needs of the group.
The number of participants can be either one-on-one sessions or 5 individuals and above.
The special needs could include children and young people who are:
- In the Autism Spectrum
- Physically Challenged
- Visually Impaired
- Deaf & Mute
For the duration of these programs, the foundation provides:
- Drums and percussion instruments for the duration of the session.
- Trained facilitators when possible
The organisation provides
- Adequate open space
- Armless chairs for the participants
- Caregivers familiar to the participants (wherever needed)
- In-house facilitators / practitioners with experience in dealing with the specific challenges of the participants